Please see the below updates for the Imjin Parkway Widening & Roundabout Project.
Start of Construction
The start of construction is now anticipated to be early November.
Initial Construction Activities
- Preston Ave will be closed with detours posted
- Modified turning movements at Abrams, Marina Heights, and Imjin Rd will be signed and detours posted
- Revised speed of 25 mph will be posted through work zone and is enforceable
This work is anticipated to be done AT NIGHT:
- K-rail and delineators will be installed to block off what are currently the westbound (toward Highway 1) traffic lanes
- Remaining roadway will be striped for 1-lane traffic in each direction
As soon as we have a start date, we will be distributing notifications regarding the time, date, and duration of the night work. The night work will be a moving operation so work will be in a different location each night. You can expect to hear large trucks, backup alarms, and generators (for lights). We will make every effort to make sure that lighting is directed AWAY from residences.
We hope to have CCTV camera coverage streaming on this website to provide motorists with live traffic conditions. Cameras will be located at Reservation Road/Imjin Parkway, Preston Road/Imjin Parkway, and just north of Imjin Road/Imjin Parkway.